Ophiuchus wrote:Paul, that is a fascinating device. And strange that I was about to start making a screw polishing jig, the kind used by Jere.
I'd much rather make something like this instead- it even polishes the rounds.
Could you post more pictures of it? I'm thinking a foot treadle powered version could be nice.
The kind that Jere uses is the most common type, i was also considering making one of those, but when i found this i just had to have it. I imagine it works a bit faster than hand held type.
I'll post some more pictures for you later tonight, but in the mean time look at this video.
It's Steffen Pahlow showing how the tool works, his is the exact same as mine, also by Lorch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYamLPIrvr8
Reparatheure wrote:Hi. This tool is really usefull, but not so rare as said.
Boley made these type of tool in a bigger assortment including a D lathe bed mount.
(PS: Sorry for my english which is not so precise as my job...)
Hello,
In the video i posted above, he has a D-bed lathe mounted polisher, i think that's the one you're talking about. As far as rarity goes, i haven't seen many of these around, infact the only one i've seen for sale was the one that i bought, i've seen other screw polishing devices but nothing like the one i have. Maybe there more common in Germany than over here?
