PROCESS

a virtual workshop for watchmakers and clockmakers

Postby Hajme Asaoka » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:06 am

CAD


Plate&bridges





caridge









Gear Cutting (4th wheel)




Tourbillon bridge


Case Making







Hands



finishing

Hajme Asaoka
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby Ophiuchus » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am

Impressive. Is that Solid Edge you're using? I'm familiar with Inventor, as I'm currently learning it, but I'm not familiar with what you used. Also, what did you use for your plates & bridges? It looks like German silver.
Ophiuchus
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Postby SSS_III » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Very impressive work! Well done!!

SSS_III
:wink:
"True happines is to have one's passion as a profession"
_Alain Silberstein_
SSS_III
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Verona, Italy

Postby Hajme Asaoka » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 am

Ophiuchus wrote:Impressive. Is that Solid Edge you're using? I'm familiar with Inventor, as I'm currently learning it, but I'm not familiar with what you used. Also, what did you use for your plates & bridges? It looks like German silver.


I have used Rhinoceros.

Yes.
It is made of German silver.
Hajme Asaoka
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby Ophiuchus » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Hajme Asaoka wrote:I have used Rhinoceros.

Yes.
It is made of German silver.


It's such a beautiful finish you achieved, I love it. What is working with German silver like? Did you run into any issues machining it? What kinds of bits and speed settings did you use while cutting it?

Again, superb work here Hajime.
Ophiuchus
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Postby Hajme Asaoka » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Ophiuchus wrote:It's such a beautiful finish you achieved, I love it. What is working with German silver like? Did you run into any issues machining it? What kinds of bits and speed settings did you use while cutting it?


Most parts are "home-made CNC" machining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5k_ESKqL6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwmnZ3hkzo

Cutter uses 0.15mm to 4mm. (flat end mill and ball end mill)
Spindle speed is 20000rpm.
Hajme Asaoka
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby caput » Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 am


What material is the balance ?
caput
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:27 am

Postby Hajme Asaoka » Mon May 31, 2010 12:24 pm

caput wrote:
What material is the balance ?


18-8 stainless steel :o
Hajme Asaoka
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:55 pm
Location: Tokyo Japan

Postby Paul Loatman » Mon May 31, 2010 7:10 pm

For anyone who doesn't know, 18-8 is 18% chromium and 8% nickel, the rest being mostly iron.

Caput, if you're looking for a stainless steel for machining, i would get 304 as it's an 18-8 type stainless steel and readily available.
-Paul
Paul Loatman
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: Modesto, CA

Postby caput » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:13 am

Hajm and Paul thank you, for this information.
caput
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:27 am


Return to On The Bench


  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron