by Buchanan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:43 pm
Hello Curtis
I realy enjoyed this presentation. The reserch required to present some thing like this very considerable. May I comment on the Buchanan double pendulum clock. The knife edge suspension , the pendulem lock on this clock lifts the pendulums when locked wich makes it extreamly easy to clean the knife edges if needed. The antifriction wheels are only as exposed to dirt as any gear in a clock. Harrisons clocks seem to run extreamly reliably due to antifriction wheels. All the train arbors run on antifriction wheels which themselves are jeweled. The degree of complication and delicate parts were a requirement of the gentleman who comissioned this clock,as was the case stile, type of pendulun ,direction of rotation of the second hands and many other fetures.This is always a very delicate matter as one has to produce a product that is acceptable to the customer as well as making sure that the clock is mecanicaly sound.
If Mr Kirk or any one else were to contact me I would be happy to provide him with as much infomation about this clock as he would require.
Regards
Buchanan