FAQSearchMemberlistProfileLog in to check your private messagesRegister
tempered-online.com Forum Index
Log inRegister
Tempered Forum: Dedicated to the independent watchmakers and clockmakers represented on the tempered website.
Moderator: Curtis - Please Register To Post
Building Dr Woodwards Gearless Clock - by craynerd

 
       tempered-online.com Forum Index -> On The Bench
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
craynerd



Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Location: Manchester - UK

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Building Dr Woodwards Gearless Clock - by craynerd

Hello, my first post on these excellent forums!

Several years ago while at University, my tutor and Professor was the owner of many Patek Philippe watches. Knowing that I couldn`t afford one of these watches (and with a young family, I pretty sure this statement will be true for a long time!) I decided to study how they worked. After purchasing a lathe (Unimat 3), I tried to make a clock but really didn`t have the skill.
A few years ago, once a little more settled and a house purchased, I setup my workshop and have built a few engines to get to know my machines and learn some techniques. Recently I set out to build a clock and decided on the one I tried 10 years previous, Dr Woodwards Gearless Clock.

My finishing is still not up to scratch but I`m learning and making steady progress.

I make posts in great detail on my website, with many more pictures and normally lots of "woffle" along with them, but here where I`m up to:



short video of the clock "counting" although no impulse mechanism yet:
http://youtu.be/npvnapVxoX8

and also I`ve now completed the pin wheel:



Back to top
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
       tempered-online.com Forum Index -> On The Bench All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
BBTech Template by © 2003-04 MDesign