Building Dr Woodwards Gearless Clock - by craynerd

a virtual workshop for watchmakers and clockmakers

Postby craynerd » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Hello, my first post on these excellent forums!

Several years ago while at University, my tutor and Professor was the owner of many Patek Philippe watches. Knowing that I couldn`t afford one of these watches (and with a young family, I pretty sure this statement will be true for a long time!) I decided to study how they worked. After purchasing a lathe (Unimat 3), I tried to make a clock but really didn`t have the skill.
A few years ago, once a little more settled and a house purchased, I setup my workshop and have built a few engines to get to know my machines and learn some techniques. Recently I set out to build a clock and decided on the one I tried 10 years previous, Dr Woodwards Gearless Clock.

My finishing is still not up to scratch but I`m learning and making steady progress.

I make posts in great detail on my website, with many more pictures and normally lots of "woffle" along with them, but here where I`m up to:

Image

short video of the clock "counting" although no impulse mechanism yet:
http://youtu.be/npvnapVxoX8

and also I`ve now completed the pin wheel:

Image

Image
craynerd
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: Manchester - UK

Return to On The Bench


  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests

cron